Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Held




I saw this cross at a church I frequently attend in Rogue River. There is wire covering the shells, holding them in place. The wolves were an unexpected element that seemed right for the day. Sometimes this is how it feels when we're left alone with our sorrow and fear. Wolves circle about in their primitive urges, but they aren't malicious persay. My own ignorance about the extent of God's love makes me feel like there are wolves surrounding me, when really there are not.



click on picture for shells and wire detail
Thank you Nancy Nibblett. The most awesome sunday school teacher ever!!

3 comments:

kimberly said...

I am loving this piece! Tell me about it?

icandy... said...

I can truly understand and relate those words!
Love u!
Christina Oxx

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean Colette! Hugs! Suzie. XXX