Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Distill

"Distill"
This has been my word lately. Perhaps I could distill the definitions...:)

1.to subject to a process of vaporization and subsequent condensation, as for purification or concentration.
2.to extract the volatile components of by distillation; transform by distillation.
3.to concentrate, purify, or obtain by or as by distillation: to distill whiskey from mash.
4.to remove by distillation (usually fol. by off or out): to distill out impurities.
5.to extract the essential elements of; refine; abstract: She managed to distill her ideas into one succinct article.
6.to let fall in drops; give forth in or as in drops: The cool of the night distills the dew.

verb:
7.to undergo or perform distillation.
8.to become vaporized and then condensed in distillation.
9.to drop, pass, or condense as a distillate.
10.to fall in drops; trickle; exude

2 comments:

icandy... said...

My favorite definitions of the word are #'s 6 & 10! Love u!

:)

Colette George said...

I know nice, huh?! hiya girl!! When working on my blog it's been hard knowing what all to share, how to edit.
This word is IT right now for me. It's a great quide for me here.
hugs to you!!
Colette