Friday, June 12, 2009

learning brushes, going horizontal

This picture as a base for photoshop wasn't chosen for it's composition or styling. It was taken as a test shot for my previous camera at the time. But i wanted to work with something horizontal since I've been wanting to create a new blog banner since first setting up this site. This is a fun little playground that I chose randomly from my gallery. The space in the window longs for something special. The darkness in the window worked against me as I tried to add an ornamental cross there. This figure is the one of my moms and I look at it as a touch stone for my love for her. The cross would be symbolic of her faith and something I use a lot in my studio for the iconic beauty and my own personal inspiration.
But enough of this- it's time to get back to real work again.

No comments: