Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Loved these from Pottery Barn but Deb and I made our own.

Before example



Add after:
Pottery Barn had a similar version and loved them but they were 199. (and approx. 240.+ for the next size up.) & Don't even want to guess what shipping is. Since we have a woodstove the logs were from our wood pile.
We made these by sanding them down extensively with an electric sander & brushing with a high gloss varnish. Deb's had all the bark off. I left some of mine on and sanded that too. The log rounds could've have dried more & many would probably prefer them to be seasoned as they split if they are brought in while still "wet". But I didn't mind that and like the effect. I've also thought of adding something to the crack- maybe lead or maybe just leave it alone. Nature does what it does, that's ok with me. 'Perty sweet huh? "Pottery Barn don't have anything over this barn" lol.



No comments: