Monday, May 17, 2010

Cathedral of Dreams Cortona with Lisa Bebi






LEARN DEEP FISSURE CRACKLING IN ESCONDIDO this Sat May 22. I can't help but think of cathedrals when I think of Italy and Europe. Their crumbling and aged walls are inspiration for much of my work today.
Icon interior paintings are created by Lisa Bebi in her notorious paintover method. She will teach you how to transform pages from magazines to create painterly art, how cool is that!!

Here are just a few examples of saints representing our alter ego sainted selves.

St. Rita- "She believes the best in others" "St. Lucia brings light to the darkness"

3 comments:

icandy... said...

Oh, my dahlink, Colette!
These are truly magnificent! My favorite one, I think, is the angel with the row of butterflies across the top... you have done a splendid job!!! (though, I wouldn't expect any less from you!)
Congrats to you and Lisa! This will be a success!
You are dear...
oxoxoxo
Christina

Journal Swag said...

Soooooooooooo awesome! Good for you!

Hugs,
Sheila

ShabbyChicShaz said...

These pieces are just amazing. I love the deep cracks and fissures, and know just what you mean about art in cathedrals in Europe, they do have that feel to them :)